The name of my blog has changed to match the name of my Etsy shop Andy's Vintage Attic. The URL has not changed for the blog.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Old Dog, New Tricks


I am not "crafty". But, I figured I could still learn. Even
though I am over 60, the brain still functions well. (Usually)
So I signed up for the Artist Class that you may have seen
on some of the blogs. I have had this glue gun for years,
but this is the first time I've plugged it in.


They give tutorials with step by step instructions. The
instructions include pictures. They are very well done and
it seems that anyone could do what they describe. Well,
you see the accordion folded sheet music?? I couldn't make
it fit into the project the way it was supposed to.


Munchy is keeping an eye on me because very strange
noises are coming out of my mouth. And a few things
have landed loudly on the desk. And she can tell I am
frustrated beyond control!! You see, patience is something
that I have for other people and animals, but not for myself.
I should be able to figure this out.



But I couldn't wait that long. So I improvised.
That's what creative, crafty people do, right?
This is the end result of the Valentine's Day
Heart.




Now, see the kind of floral ribbon going around the
center and under the white crepe paper?? That was
supposed to be the accordion folded sheet music.
And the little bird??? He was to be glued on the
heart and have the Happy V Day sign coming out
of his beak. But his little feet got in the way and I
just couldn't cut them off his little legs.

For my first try the end result is OK. It is hanging
in my home where people can see it. There are many
more projects in this class and I may share more with
you. I must say that right now I am not sure that
an old dog can learn new tricks, but she sure can
try!

Have a good night,

Annette

5 comments:

★Carol★ said...

I think your heart turned out beautiful! Don't be so hard on yourself. Ok, I'm guilty of the same thing! But you did a really wonderful job. And thank you for not cutting that birdy's legs off!

BirdSong said...

You rock!! I think deco pouge (sp) is in your near future!! Hey, thanks again for the pink sweater!! It morphed into a purse and is hanging up at Uncovered Ruby!!

Sue/BirdSong xoxo

Sue/BirdSong

Florence said...

It's beautiful. There is just so much on the web, I want to do it all. Florence

Karen said...

Very Pretty! So what if it isn't the same, you just got creative and did something of your own! I find that, in some sewing projects, the instructions they give can get me mixed up, b/c instead of using terms that you learned in a sewing class, they go the long way around saying "sew right sides together" or something similar. When I finally realize what they're saying, I think, "Well, why didn't you just say so in the first place lol". There must be a generation gap in some common terms, right? Love your creation, and I hope you did it in that wonderful cottage you showed us! Karen

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

And, it turned out perfectly! Good for you.....

Happy Valentine's Day!

Huggies,
Spencer

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails