The name of my blog has changed to match the name of my Etsy shop Andy's Vintage Attic. The URL has not changed for the blog.

Saturday, August 27, 2011

I needed a change

The blog has looked the same for too long.  I've  been
blogging about 2 years and just am sort of tired of the look.


I had wanted  barn wood on the sides for a while but
couldn't find what I wanted.  Well, lo and behold, blogger 
has their own backgrounds (yes, I am slow to catch on) and
there was my barn wood.  Then came the header........ I liked
all the color in the old one but decided on a collage that 
includes me  (yes, the little girl is me).


So now I need some feedback, please.  I am far from being
a designer and I want a happy looking, cheery blog.  I am wondering if 
the barn wood is too dark?? Are the pictures too dark???  Am I over-
thinking it all??  Should it simply be one picture for the header instead 
of a collage??  You will not hurt my feelings if you tell me the truth.  I 
like the truth.  Please leave a comment for me so I can ponder more
ideas.


If Irene is around you, you are in my thoughts.  I've been through hurricanes
and they are not fun!


Till next time,


Annette

9 comments:

Into Vintage said...

I love the barnwood! And the pic of that very cute little girl ;-)
My only suggestion might be adding a small (white?) border around the individual photos in your banner so they separate a little to make them a bit easier to see since they're full of interesting things to look at. But that's just the former nitpicky art director in me - it really does look great just as it is. :-)

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Looks Perfect! I have no idea on how to make a collage, so you are way ahead of me!
Deb

laurie -magpie ethel said...

Bravo...nice to mix it up occasionally! (I need to do the same thing)

Unknown said...

Annette,
This is so pretty, and the barn wood is PERFECT! I love your header....you did a great job. I am about at the same place, I have had mine for two years now, but I am going to put up seasonal ones in a bit, then hopefully I will be ready after Christmas to see the old stand by.....Where do you go to see Blogger's backrounds???? Sandy

Beth Leintz said...

Nice collage-fun to do a little change up- I love seeing pictures of bloggers when they were just little ones.

As soon as someone starts asking for suggestions, I start looking- the one thing I could come up with for your blog redo is I might change the font color from blue to brown or black, to go with the barnwood color. Just an idea....

Uncovered Ruby said...

Hey Annette!! Love the barnwood!! i don't think it's too dark at all, it's a nice contrast, and I LOVE your pic of you when you were little. I can totally tell that's you! I guess the only thing I would do is just have your blogger name, Andy's Attic, on just one spot though. Other than that, I love your collage..looks good! Lisa ;-)

★Carol★ said...

I love the new look of your blog Annette! If YOU are happy with it, then it's perfect. Don't you wish you knew how to make your own backgrounds? I have something in mind that I can never find, and wish I could just make my own. I see there are sites that show you how, but I'm too afraid to try. Oh, and weren't you a little cutie pie?!

sherri s. said...

Looks cute! Love the photo of you as a little one...love all old photos! Nice job!

Evi said...

I like the barn wood. It fits your style and the many wonderful antiques you have. I like to change mine on my shop blog, but don't know where to start. Waiting for Laura@52 Flea to show me how. It will have to wait until she has time. The picture of you is very sweet.
Hugs, Evi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails